Fun, Amazing, Etc.

This is the official blog of indie author / adventure writer Andy R. Bunch, author of the fantasy book, "Suffering Rancor." As always, I'll post funny or amazing things I find in my travels or from poking around online. This is a great place to kick back and relax a bit. You may note that I’m not too clean or too dirty. For more information on my book, go to http://andyrbunch.weebly.com/. Here are links to first two books http://goo.gl/iHP1i and http://goo.gl/kK13W

Monday, December 28, 2009

The Future of Computing

For those of you who know me, you are abundantly aware of my need to rail on about the direction computers of been going. I have patently disagreed with how technology has been implemented, especially when it comes to hand held devices. I believe most scientists would be nowhere without science fiction authors like myself because, while they have the imagination to dream where they can go with new discoveries they lack the editors imagination to ask what purpose it serves.

Since most of you are sick of me railing on about cell phones I'll pick an example from the history books. There was a time in this country when a person could go into a movie theater and watch a film while breathing in laughing gas from a mask, so as to enhance the viewing experience. It was a short run fad of the roaring 20's. At the same time, just down the road someone would be having a tooth pulled with no pain-killers at all. The real use of the gas was not yet imagined. There's dozens of examples, from the solid state (digital) watch to post-it notes.

So here we are with ever more sophisticated cell phones and we aren't scratching the surface of what we can do with existing technology because people aren't asking themselves the important questions like; how can we eliminate the learning curve on this device? or how can this device be integrated with our lifestyle to bring the right information at the right time?

The answer is...well I'll stop writing about it and just show you, because this guy did it. Take a look.

No comments: