Fun, Amazing, Etc.

This is the official blog of indie author / adventure writer Andy R. Bunch, author of the fantasy book, "Suffering Rancor." As always, I'll post funny or amazing things I find in my travels or from poking around online. This is a great place to kick back and relax a bit. You may note that I’m not too clean or too dirty. For more information on my book, go to http://andyrbunch.weebly.com/. Here are links to first two books http://goo.gl/iHP1i and http://goo.gl/kK13W

Monday, November 3, 2014

The Breakfast Controversy

I've essentially been promoting the idea of skipping breakfast in face of the conventional thought that it's the most important meal of the day. Really that's not 100% what I'm saying with intermittent fasting. You don't have to 'skip' breakfast to do it. I'm just saying that when I compress my eating to an eight hour window, I eat less overall and begin to lose weight. It also fits my personal lifestyle, which is an important prerequisite to having success when attempting to make a change. It may not work well with your lifestyle, but it's worth trying before you toss the idea out as crazy.

If you are going to eat breakfast, at whatever time works for you, I recommend not pounding down the carbs like the typical American. The reason we do a breakfast of carbs has a basis in science. As my friend John says, "if you're going to sin, do it in the morning when you've got all day to burn it off." It's true. But I've discovered that my resolve is greatest in the morning and if I let myself go in the morning the whole day will snowball until it's derailed. (Hows that for a mixed metaphor).

Bottom line. Eat more protean for breakfast. Here's some recipes to help out. 


No comments: