Fun, Amazing, Etc.

This is the official blog of indie author / adventure writer Andy R. Bunch, author of the fantasy book, "Suffering Rancor." As always, I'll post funny or amazing things I find in my travels or from poking around online. This is a great place to kick back and relax a bit. You may note that I’m not too clean or too dirty. For more information on my book, go to http://andyrbunch.weebly.com/. Here are links to first two books http://goo.gl/iHP1i and http://goo.gl/kK13W

Sunday, April 19, 2015

Vacation! and other updates...

Life has been busy lately. Very exciting developments. As always thesedays, I'm contractually bound not to talk about half of it. In general, the primary client for my freelance business is talking about expanding and formalizing my role with them. Even as I morn the loss of independence that comes with freelancing I welcome the oportunity to narrow my focus at the day job.

My writing life secret oportunity is moving along. I have to really make up some ground if I'm going to get my revision done by the next deadline (Mid March).

My wife and I are contemplating a move. The area we're living in is getting crowded and we found a nice oportinity to save dough without losing too much square footage. But moves are traumatic with a baby.

Actually a 1 year old. I can't beleive my daughter is a whole year old. My wife and I are celebrating her birthday at my in-laws and taking a mini-working-vacation. Next Saturday we'll have the big birthday party for her.

Since I haven't posted in a while here's a link to some of the most awesome yet practical advice I've run into in a long time.

http://vertexfoods.com/top-7-healthy-snacks-to-eat-at-your-desk/

The ideal office snacks are “well constructed mini-meals” – that means food combos that contains protein, fat and fiber, while also being low in calories. It’s tough to find all those elements in a single snack, but try these 7 options to satisfy your hunger while at work, while boosting your METABOLISM + ENERGY levels!
  1. CELERY + HUMMUS: Hummus, made with sesame seeds, contains lots of nutrients and beneficial fibers called lignans that improve blood profiles, normalize blood pressure and enhance vitamin E absorption.
  2. STRING CHEESE: High in protein, it offers a bit of fat and has only 80 calories.
  3. HARD BOILED EGGS: One egg has around 70 calories and is packed with five to six grams of protein.
  4. APPLE WITH PEANUT BUTTER: This snack has the magic combination of fiber, protein and fat.
  5. ALMONDS: 1 serving has only 184 calories. Almonds contain omega-9 fatty acid, the fat also found in olive oil that’s associated with good heart health.
  6. 1/2 AN AVOCADO: In addition to having a surprisingly high fiber content, this healthy fat will help keep your hunger at bay and energy levels high!
  7. TOMATO SLICES WITH LOW FAT CHEESE + OLIVE OIL: This combination contains fat and protein, and tomatoes are packed with antioxidants. In all, it’s a tasty + filling snack that’s also low in calories.

  • ASHWAGANDA
    The easer of anxiety, depression and sleep issues. Ashwaganda has immuno-modulating effects that boost and regulate the immune system and lower cortisol levels. You can take Ashwaganda is supplement form, I recommend Organic India Ashwaganda.
  • ASTRALAGUS
    Increases the amount of anti-stress compounds our bodies use to prevent and repair stress-related damage. By reducing the ability of stress hormones like cortisol to bind to receptors, astralagus boosts immunity and shields the body from the effects of stress. I recommend adding 20-30 drops of Astralagus Root Extract to your morning juices or smoothies.
  • CORDYCEP MUSHROOM
    Funguses with antioxidant properties include Reishi, Shiitake, and Maitake mushrooms. Each have adaptogenic, anti-tumor, and immune enhancing properties.  You can easily add a scoop of Cordycep powder to smoothies. I like Mushroom Matrix Organic Cordyceps.
  • HOLY BASIL (TULSI)
    Referred to as the “elixir of anti-aging,” holy basil helps fight fatigue and stress, boosts the immune system, and regulates blood sugar, blood pressure, and hormone levels. My favorite way to enjoy Holy Basil is in a warm cup of Tulsi Tea by Organic India.
  • RHODIOLA (GOLDEN ROOT)
    Contains the phytochemical salisdroside which helps resist anxiety and aging. Other benefits include suppression of the production of cortisol, increased levels of stress-resistant proteins, restoration of normal patterns of eating and sleeping after stress, resistance to mental and physical fatigue, and protection against oxidative stress, heat stress, radiation and toxic chemicals. Additional research has shown this adaptogen can protect the heart and liver, increase use of oxygen, improve memory and longevity, as well as aid in weight loss.  One of the easiest ways to take is in supplement form – I suggest Gaia HerbsRhodiola.

No comments: