Fun, Amazing, Etc.

This is the official blog of indie author / adventure writer Andy R. Bunch, author of the fantasy book, "Suffering Rancor." As always, I'll post funny or amazing things I find in my travels or from poking around online. This is a great place to kick back and relax a bit. You may note that I’m not too clean or too dirty. For more information on my book, go to http://andyrbunch.weebly.com/. Here are links to first two books http://goo.gl/iHP1i and http://goo.gl/kK13W

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Health and Encouragement

I'm the worst person to tell people how to get healthy from the standpoint of a successful track record. But I can research and I can tell you what hasn't worked. I can tell you, your answer isn't the same as the person next to you. I can tell you that most of what "pop culture gurus" tell you will work only works for some people and they only show you the results of those that do.

Anything worth doing is going to cost you. You're going to pay with effort, confronting fears, discomfort and pain. Mostly pain. You've got to be willing to have things change, and you've got to keep trying even when things don't seem to be working. But before you can pull a "never, ever, ever give up," you need to be ready to change at any cost, and you need to have a plan you can believe in.

Every big project must be achieved one inch at a time, and that means planning. Planning I can do. Better than anyone I know.

My next phase in becoming healthier will involve HIIT & Intermittent Fasting, Thrive by level, and sitting less. Here's the short description of each, with more detail on each in the coming month, along with results from my attempts. (Journaling is another success factor.)

HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training)--Working out full speed for 30 seconds, resting for 90 second, for 10 to 20 minutes.

Intermittent Fasting--either reducing to 1/3rd calories for 3 days a week or compressing my eating to an 8 hour period. (The method I'm going to try)

Thrive--Capsules at waking, shake 20 to 40 minutes later, wear a patch all day. http://sirbunch.le-vel.com/

Not sitting--I'm going to get up every hour and walk around when writing or watching TV.

Here's more detail on not sitting.

Story at-a-glance

  • Evidence shows that prolonged sitting is devastating your health. It actively promotes dozens of chronic diseases, including overweight and type 2 diabetes, even if you are very fit
  • As a general guideline, if you’ve been sitting for an hour, you’ve sat too long. At minimum, you should not sit for more than 50 minutes out of every hour
  • Better yet, try to keep your sitting to a minimum; the less the better. I personally strive for less than an hour a day of sitting
  • Studies looking at life in agriculture environments show that people in agrarian villages sit for about three hours a day. The average American office worker can sit for 13 to 15 hours a day
  • Beneficial molecular effects are activated simply by carrying your bodyweight upon your legs. Those cellular mechanisms are also responsible for pushing fuels into your cells
  • I also recommend challenging yourself to walk 10,000 steps per day with the help of one of the newer fitness trackers. This is over and above your regular fitness routine

No comments: