Fun, Amazing, Etc.

This is the official blog of indie author / adventure writer Andy R. Bunch, author of the fantasy book, "Suffering Rancor." As always, I'll post funny or amazing things I find in my travels or from poking around online. This is a great place to kick back and relax a bit. You may note that I’m not too clean or too dirty. For more information on my book, go to http://andyrbunch.weebly.com/. Here are links to first two books http://goo.gl/iHP1i and http://goo.gl/kK13W

Monday, April 30, 2012

Getting Acclimated

This new blogger composer is something to get used to. Anyway, here's a simple post to get my feet wet. I had a phone call today from a buddy. It was good to hear from him but annoying at the same time. I was deep in thought on projects I've had to put off over and over again, when the phone rang. He was on a long drive and taking advantage of the chance to catch up. The problem was he asked what people always ask when they haven't seen you in a couple weeks/months--how's it going? Seems like an innocent question doesn't it? Well my close friends and I are hyper honest with each other. We've shared high times and disasters. I try to be forth coming with people but lately it doesn't feel like anything is going on. Everyone knows there's always something going on so when you say, "nothing," my friends always push for something. Like I'm hiding something. It's awkward because of course something is going on. There are a dozen small but significant steps happening in my life at any given time, but that doesn't feel like the kind of thing you tell someone over the phone. I'm not a phone talker on a good day. So it ends up being awkward. On two fronts really. One I feel annoyed with myself because I don't have anything exciting to share and two I don't feel like recounting all the tiny things that are going on over the phone. If I am going to give a rundown of the small stuff I'd rather type it here or on Facebook and then refer people to that. It sounds strange maybe. Most people don't face this because when they tell their friends everything is fine their friends drop it and get on to their good news. To make matters worse most of my news is non-news. My best friend from grade school didn't get rich and give me my dream job...yet. My new neighbors are driving us nuts stomping around upstairs so my roommate and I drove to Silverton, OR to check out a cheap place to live for the summer and put in applications down there. It might have been a nice change of pace for a few months, but the place to stay fell through and my roommate got a new job that'll keep her up here anyway. So it all worked out. See what I mean? It's not that nothing's going on, it's just that theirs nothing to report--especially when I'm deep into finally cleaning up my hard drive. So now that you've heard me rant...here's a really cool site I stumbled on as your reward. Hope you like it! http://xaxor.com/funny-pics/39562-funny-smart-tips-to-make-life-easier.html

No comments: