Fun, Amazing, Etc.

This is the official blog of indie author / adventure writer Andy R. Bunch, author of the fantasy book, "Suffering Rancor." As always, I'll post funny or amazing things I find in my travels or from poking around online. This is a great place to kick back and relax a bit. You may note that I’m not too clean or too dirty. For more information on my book, go to http://andyrbunch.weebly.com/. Here are links to first two books http://goo.gl/iHP1i and http://goo.gl/kK13W

Sunday, March 18, 2012

Healthy Balance for Writers Life

I have long maintained that there are 3 things a writer must be intentional about in order to maintain a healthy balance. In discussing it with Jen W. at Lizzy's awesome party I decided to throw the idea on here and see if people had other things to add.

1. Exercise and Diet--writing is sedentary and making health a priority is more than just about not adding pounds. Getting the blood moving is vital stimulation needed for creativity.
2. Relationships--on the warm/fuzzy side, your loved ones need time with you and you with them. On the selfish side if you don't schedule time to hang out they will constantly interrupt your writing time with jealousy, and the stimulation of mingling with others is also good fodder for writing.
3. Ass in chair--if you've never participated in a NaNoWriMo event I strongly suggest doing one. I did and learned that all those little idiosyncratic blocks to my creativity were really in my head. I can write a lot more than I thought I could, and do it more consistently. At the end of the day you've got to set time aside, commit to spending the time, and write...even if its crap.

No comments: