Fun, Amazing, Etc.

This is the official blog of indie author / adventure writer Andy R. Bunch, author of the fantasy book, "Suffering Rancor." As always, I'll post funny or amazing things I find in my travels or from poking around online. This is a great place to kick back and relax a bit. You may note that I’m not too clean or too dirty. For more information on my book, go to http://andyrbunch.weebly.com/. Here are links to first two books http://goo.gl/iHP1i and http://goo.gl/kK13W

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Script Frenzy

I've mentioned before that the most challenging adventure in my life to date is writing my first novel, Suffering Rancor. I've since completed several short stories that will soon be available on kindle direct publishing, and I have drafted a steampunk novel during last years NaNoWriMo, which is national novel writing month challenge that happens every November. It took about 16 years to write Suffering Rancor, but having learned how to write and edit and having made a lot of connections since I knew I could shave a few days off of that pace. So I tried the crazy marathon that is NaNoWriMo and took on the challenge of writing 50K words in one month. It was a blast and I'm proud to say I finished.

I have been caught up in drafting a scifi adventure this year and haven't revised the steampunk novel, but that will occur soon. August if not before, (it's that darn BS in Business I'm completing).

For those of you who want to try your hand at a writing project like that, the office of letters and light does an event in April called ScriptFrenzy, wherein contestants try to write a 100 page script in one month. Sadly I won't be joining you this April as I have upcoming book signings the end of this month in Silverton OR, and Norwescon April 5-8 (plus that darn BS in Business--only 9 credits left). But I strongly recommend you try it out.

No comments: