Fun, Amazing, Etc.

This is the official blog of indie author / adventure writer Andy R. Bunch, author of the fantasy book, "Suffering Rancor." As always, I'll post funny or amazing things I find in my travels or from poking around online. This is a great place to kick back and relax a bit. You may note that I’m not too clean or too dirty. For more information on my book, go to http://andyrbunch.weebly.com/. Here are links to first two books http://goo.gl/iHP1i and http://goo.gl/kK13W

Thursday, January 23, 2014

2014 Plan (Part 3b): Organizing & Self Improvement

Okay I know I only gave you a teaser screenshot of my Project Hopper, but I'll get a little deeper into how that works while letting you into part of my planning.


Focus in on the column called, Organizing/Self Improvement. Here's the date from that column, which I hope I can give the highlights of. Notice that some months are given credit for having 5 weeks (wk5) and some only 4. Months don't line up nicely with even number of weeks. I try to accomplish most of my work during the workweek so weekends are free for recovery, spending time with my wife, and as a buffer in case I need it. But I really don't want to get caught up in working on the weekends. So I looked at which months had five weeks within the month an by starting on a Monday or Tuesday. I took my list of major projects, prioritized them and then broke them into medium-sized chunks, which I hope I can accomplish in a week. This gave me the flexibility to rotate several projects at once, but my goal is to concentrate on one at a time.

The top 4 rows are for "this week," and I try to make sure what's in there is the going concern. I break these into next action steps and transfer them to a "to do" list on my phone. The farther down the list one goes below those 4 the less specific the line item is. AWAI is a marketing course I purchased and am wading through more slowly than I'd like. PBL is a newsletter that provides investment advice and strategy. I'm learning about finances this year (within reason). BB is another marketing course I need to finish by the end of February.

And so on. Success with Jack is about self improvement/time management etc for writers and entrepreneurs. Anything with a x# in the left column indicates the number of iterations that line represents. So if the line says, read Branding for Dummies the x# would represent the number of chapters. (Great example Andy, you picked a book that doesn't have an x#, LOL).

What didn't copy over was the notes on each cell. I'll give you an example. The AWAI copywriting cell for this week (which is left over from last week because I'm a little behind) would have a note on it that says. I3_p4- x6 30pgs (ex 8 to 10) & I4_p4- x2 16pgs. This gives me a lot more detail about what I hope to accomplish that week. (Well it would if you could read my short hand.) I is installment, p is part, and x2 is section titles. # of pages comes next and in ( ) the exercises linked to the reading. So I hope to do two installments containing  46 pages and three exercises. Clear as mud I know.

Notice the second half of the year has much less planned. There's a couple good reasons for that. One is that this category column has to share with the other columns I haven't listed here and the back half of the year's got some big work in the writing column. I'll get to my writing plans tomorrow and I'll spare you the project hopper view. Just know that that's what I'm working from that keeps me somewhat on track and on schedule.

  ORG/self Improvement  
Find Employment  
  AWAI Copywriting  
  print packet for next assignment  
     
x3 PBL-Reports Jan
AWAI Copywriting wk4
AWAI Copywriting wk5
PBL-Newsletter, Feb Feb
BB-Module 1-9 wk1
BB-Module 1-9 wk2
BB-Module 1-9 wk3
wk4
PBL-Newsletter, March Mar
Success with Jack Canfield wk1
Success with Jack Canfield wk2
Success with Jack Canfield wk3
wk4
PBL-Newsletter, April April
x12 power of full engagement wk1
x14? Read/sort: Harrison Emails wk2
Read/Do: Branding for Dummies wk3
Read/do: Will’s Marketing Book wk4
80/20 the garage wk5
PBL-Newsletter, May May
Sort stuff into 7 zones wk1
design/build kits/bins wk2
Build Work Stations wk3
Plan/promo Yard Sale #2 wk4
PBL-Newsletter, June June
Baby! wk1
ReRead 4hr WW wk2
wk3
wk4
PBL-Newsletter, July July
Read/do: Writer's Digest Class wk1
Rich Dad Training wk2
wk3
wk4
wk5
PBL-Newsletter, Aug Aug
wk1
wk2
wk3
wk4
PBL-Newsletter, Sep Sep
x95? Read/sort: ETR emails wk1
Do ETR Success Emails wk2
Do ETR Writing/Marketing wk3
wk4
PBL-Newsletter, Oct Oct
Find/read other freelance train wk1
wk2
wk3
wk4
wk5
PBL-Newsletter, Nov Nov
wk1
wk2
wk3
wk4
PBL-Newsletter, Dec Dec
wk1
wk2
wk3
wk4
wk5
2015
x25 AWAI Resume  

No comments: