Fun, Amazing, Etc.

This is the official blog of indie author / adventure writer Andy R. Bunch, author of the fantasy book, "Suffering Rancor." As always, I'll post funny or amazing things I find in my travels or from poking around online. This is a great place to kick back and relax a bit. You may note that I’m not too clean or too dirty. For more information on my book, go to http://andyrbunch.weebly.com/. Here are links to first two books http://goo.gl/iHP1i and http://goo.gl/kK13W

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year! Everyone!

Well, I don't know about you, dear readers, but I've had a crazy end to a crazy year. I spent most of the week leading up to Christmas with my new in-laws in Cali. Then on Christmas day I contracted some kind of horrible illness like never before. I'm bouncing back now, finally, thanks for asking. 

So I've been a bit remiss in updating this blog. I did manage to pour through my coursework on marketing. Woot! I think I've got that well in hand. I'll post my new years plans soon. In the mean time here's a really cool post from Life Hacker.


Photo by mezzotint (Shutterstock).
Of course, pretty much anything you want to accomplish in the next year can be turned into a weekly (or monthly or daily) challenge. The most important thing is to start with a plan and actually put the time in. It's inspiring to be able to cross things off your list and see how you're progressing all year long. If you're looking for more ideas, Lady Kell shares her list of 52 things in 52 weeks. The last one, fittingly, is to make a new list for 2014.

Reading: A New Book Every Week

Seven 52 Week Challenges for an Incredibly Productive YearSEXPAND
It helps to be organized and have a planwhen your goal is to read more. It also helps to have a long list of books to read for the year. The Read 52 Books in 52 Weeks blog offers mini-challenges, such as reading books from Nobel Prize winners, to make the weekly challenges even more interesting. For specific book lists, check out the suggestions on Goodreads.

Health: The Year-Long Exercise Program

Seven 52 Week Challenges for an Incredibly Productive YearSEXPAND
Switch up your exercise routine with this year-long program from Men's Fitness. (It's dated 2009, but the workouts can still be followed today). These are full-body workouts that include some serious weight training, but the weekly blocks build on each other throughout the year.

Household: Organize Your Home in 52 WeeksP

Seven 52 Week Challenges for an Incredibly Productive Year
Complete home organization doesn't happen overnight. Over the course of a year, however, you can not only get your household completely organized, you'll slowly be building the habits and routines that will help keep your home organized beyond that. This plan from Home Storage Solutions will set you off on the right foot, with weekly organizing tasks complete with tips and email reminders.

No comments: