Fun, Amazing, Etc.

This is the official blog of indie author / adventure writer Andy R. Bunch, author of the fantasy book, "Suffering Rancor." As always, I'll post funny or amazing things I find in my travels or from poking around online. This is a great place to kick back and relax a bit. You may note that I’m not too clean or too dirty. For more information on my book, go to http://andyrbunch.weebly.com/. Here are links to first two books http://goo.gl/iHP1i and http://goo.gl/kK13W

Monday, January 6, 2014

Single Worst Thing You Can Do for Your Diet!

I've been reviewing my diet and exercise plans for the new year. I'm a little behind the curve but I had a hideous flu starting Christmas and I'm still playing catch up. SOOOOON I will finish my 2014 master plan for health and career growth goals. Just you wait!

Here's an article to tide you all over. This is really important stuff to understand when contemplating your health goals for 2014.

Taken from Dr. Mercola of course. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2014/01/05/dr-johnson-leptin-resistance.aspx?e_cid=20140105Z1_SNL_Art_1&utm_source=snl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20140105Z1&et_cid=DM38424&et_rid=389442210



  • The conventional wisdom is that people are eating too much and exercising too little. However, groundbreaking research suggests obesity is primarily related to a high-sugar diet
  • In order for you to significantly gain weight, you must first become leptin resistant. Leptin resistance blocks the sensation of being full, making you eat more than you need.
  • Energy metabolism also falls, due to a reduction inimpairs your body’s ability to oxidize fat, causing a low-energy state
  • Sugar, and fructose in particular, is exceptionally effective at causing leptin resistance in animals, and it’s very effective at blocking the burning of fat
  • Fructose stimulates weight gain through its effects on your appetite and by blocking the burning of fat. It also changes your body composition to increase body fat even when you are on a caloric restriction
  • If you are insulin- or leptin resistant, it would be prudent for you to restrict your fructose consumption to about 15 20-25 grams of fructose per day from all sources

No comments: